Paul Zimnik is a teacher and retired Osteopathic physician, living in Frederick, MD with his wife of 36 years. They have four adult children. He is the president of the 501(c)(3) Patient Medical Association, which he founded to improve healthcare and to educate people on how to enhance their well being and mental health. He has produced over 700 professional medical education programs for physicians, scientists, nurses, health policymakers, and patients during his career.
He attended an Osteopathic school because of his interests in bringing a greater focus on anatomy in healthcare. He continued this work during his Psychiatry residency. After this, he founded the DoD Telemedicine & Advanced Research Center and managed global research projects on improving clinical-efficiency and cost-effectiveness in healthcare delivery during which he reported to the White House and Congress.
His research continues to focus on empowering patients through his education programs. Current PAMEAS topic areas include Structural Heart Interventions, Telemedicine Vascular Access, reducing the Opioid addiction crisis, and maintaining access to care for patients during the transition away from Obamacare.
He is also applying his theories about the full extent of human integrated anatomy for individuals in meditative self-treatment to lead happier and healthier lives. He believes these pursuits could help reduce the increasing mental health issues our society is facing as reflected in the increased rates of suicide and substance abuse and the overall coarsening of our interactions. He calls this approach AutoPsychology which he defines as The Science of Not Thinking.
He is also the president of his local HOA, the Whittier Community Associates, Inc. a board he's served on for over ten years.
- Psychiatry Residency (Wright Patterson Air Force Base, 1994)
- Doctor of Osteopathy (Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, 1991)
- Bachelor of Science (Chemistry/Computer Science, California State Polytechnic University, 1987)
- General Dynamics (Scientific Review Officer, 2019 - present)
- Patient Medical Association (President & Founder, 2005-present)
- Zimnik Scientific (President & Founder, 2001-2005)
- Physia (Chief Strategic Officer, 1999-2001)
- USAF, Department of Defense (Major, 1991-1999)
Dr. Zimnik's CV can be downloaded here.
Last Upate: July 27, 2019